I love this unique summer fruit salad, but it must be served immediately! Otherwise the feta gets soggy and yucky. If you’re bringing this somewhere, I suggest preparing everything separately and putting together immediately prior to serving. I loved the sweet citrus dressing, and the crunch of the watermelon melded nicely with the soft feta. My husband thought it was a bit too strange though, so try it and see what you think! Another high point is the presentation is so beautiful. It is perfect for a summer lunch outside on the patio complete with lemonade
- 1 quarter large watermelon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Crumbled feta cheese, to taste
- Coarsely chopped mint, to taste
- Leaving the rind intact to use as your serving “platter,” carefully cut the watermelon away from the rind and into small cubes. Place cubes in a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, lime juice, and honey. Toss the watermelon cubes with the dressing and adjust by taste. You may want to add some more honey for added sweetness or more lime for more zip.
- Gently stir in the feta and mint. Add just enough to accompany the watermelon but not overpower it.
- Scoop into the watermelon rind and serve immediately.
Recipe source: Original
Time: 10-15 minutes