This is a quick & easy stir-fry that’s perfect for a healthy dinner when you don’t have much time to cook. If you chop the veggies the day before, it will be a snap to prepare.
- 1 pkg. extra-firm tofu, cubed
- Sesame seeds
- 1 small cabbage, sliced and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 chile or jalapeno, minced
- Ponzu sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Rice, optional
- Drain tofu – I place on a cloth napkin on a cutting board for about 30 minutes.
- Cut into bite size pieces if not already (you can buy pre-cubed tofu).
- Place tofu in a bowl & coat with Ponzu sauce and sesame seeds.
- If you’re serving with rice you probably want to begin to cook that now. I suggest jasmine rice to accompany.
- Heat canola oil (I like canola for stir-frying but you can also use another oil like olive or sesame) in a wok and cook tofu at medium until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Remove tofu to a plate and keep warm by wrapping in foil.
- Heat another small amount of oil in the wok and add the red pepper, cabbage, and chile.
- Cook, adding Ponzu and rice vinegar to season, until veggies are tender.
- Serve tofu and cabbage over rice or mixed together.