This is a really easy weeknight meal to put together. It is straight-forward and budget-friendly. Enjoy!
- 4 chicken cutlets
- Flour for dredging
- Italian seasoning
- Olive oil
- Angel-hair pasta
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered and drained
- 1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 2 tbsp. dry white wine
- Set a large pot of salted water (with a dash of olive oil) to boil. Start pasta when ready.
- In a shallow dish, mix flour w/dried Italian seasoning and S/P.
- Dredge chicken cutlets in flour and fry on medium heat in a skillet with olive oil. About 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken to a plate, keep warm. Leave any drippings in the skillet.
- Add broth, artichoke hearts, capers, and wine to skillet. Use a spatula to scrap browning from pan. Add 1 tbsp. of butter and simmer on medium until sauce is reduced by about half.
- Taste and season with S/P accordingly.
- Cook your pasta until al dente – watch angel-hair because it cooks quickly. Drain and retain a tbsp of pasta water. Toss your pasta with the water and a dash of olive oil and course salt.
- Serve the sauce over chicken and angel-hair pasta.
Perfect with a dry white wine.
Time: ~35 minutes total
Recipe Source: Adapted from a March 2009 Food Everyday Recipe.