I always like wraps for something different; this recipe is a super easy meal that is perfect for a weeknight meal or lunch. It is also low-fat/low-carb for those of you counting calories.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (in the Asian section of your grocer)
- Juice from 2 limes
- Lettuce leaves for wrapping, (Boston or romaine works well), washed and separated
- Red onion, pepper, and cucumber strips
- Optional herbs to garnish – mint or cilantro
- Pouch your chicken – place it in a saucepan and cover with just enough water to cover the chicken completely. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks, place in a large bowl and mix with the chili sauce, lime juice, and S/P to taste. You may want to add more or less chili sauce depending on your preference. If you want more spice, you could also add red pepper flakes.
- Create your wraps by placing chicken and veggies on the lettuce leaves. Fold like a tortilla to eat.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Food Everyday, unknown issue
Time: 20 minutes