Classic chocolate and peanut butter … need I say more?
- 1 ½ cups spooned/leveled all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temp
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dark, milk, or bittersweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with electric mixer, beat peanut butter, butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture, beating until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the tbsp. onto large baking sheets, spaced about 1 inch apart.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes, rotating halfway through. Cool cookies on wire baking racks.
Serves: ~3 dozen
Recipe source: Magazine clipping, unknown source
Time: 30 minutes