Chickpeas are so versatile – I’ve made several different types of salads with chickpeas and this is probably one of the best. The combination of flavors and textures makes this an exciting lunch idea – it made a perfect lunch salad and stayed well for several days (actually, it got better). It is super easy to make and transports well for lunch at work or on-the-go. I served over greens and sprouts but you can also serve in pita bread or with cottage cheese. Feel free to add more vegetables to the mix such as cucumber and green pepper. Halved grapes could be another fun addition!
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Fresh cilantro, chopped to taste
- Mixed greens and sprouts
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first six ingredients (from the vinegar to the salt). Add the raisins, chickpeas, pepper, onion, and cilantro and toss to combine.
- Spoon the chickpeas over mixed greens and sprouts.
Recipe source: Adapted from a Whole Foods recipe
Time: 10 minutes