Another great weeknight meal, surprisingly easy to put together with few ingredients. I recommend serving with sweet potatoes and a green salad.
- Olive oil
- 2 small onions, cut into thin slices
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1 inch thick, about 9 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a dash of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, and cook until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Add more olive oil as needed to keep moist.
- Meanwhile, season chops generously with S/P. Heat a dash of olive oil in large skillet and sear chops until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to the hot oven and cook until done – about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and let settle while you finish the sauce.
- Add wine to onions, and simmer until almost all the liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Season with S/P if needed. Spoon over pork chops.
Recipe source: Original
Time: 35 minutes