I loved this flavor combination – tender breaded chicken, tangy arugula, and lively lemon. This is also a great recipe for crispy chicken that isn’t fried. Quick and easy … you’ll love it.
For the chicken breading (use enough flour/crumbs to coat your chicken, about 1 cup per 4 breasts) —
- Italian style dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- All-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lemons
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss breadcrumbs and oil until well combined; spread on sheet. Cook, tossing once, until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Place flour and eggs in separate bowls; season with salt and pepper. Place a rack on another rimmed baking sheet (see below).
- Place the chicken breasts in large ziplocks and pound with a meat mallet until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Coat chicken on both sides with flour, then dip in eggs, and lastly dredge in breadcrumbs, pressing firmly to adhere.
- Bake chicken on rack, without turning, until opaque throughout, 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together a quick dressing of olive oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Top chicken with arugula and onion and drizzle dressing atop. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Recipe source: Everyday Foods May 2008
Time: 30 minutes