I’ve never made sushi and don’t know that I ever will but sushi bowls are a fun dinner idea that are quick and easy to prepare. Vegetarians can always substitute baked tofu for the fish and you can use any veggie additions you choose. Use your favorite fish but make sure it’s sushi-grade from a fishmonger you trust. I used seared salmon from Vital Choice.
- 2 small fillets of sushi-grade fish, cut into cubes or thin strips
- 4 cups prepared Rice (brown or white)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into small quarters
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- Scallions, sliced
- Sesame seeds and caviar for garnish (optional)
- Any additional vegetables/toppings you like
Prepare your rice, let cool. Slice your fish and other ingredients, place over rice and serve!
Recipe source: Original
Time: ~30 minutes