Hurry! Hurry! Summer is almost over. As Fall approaches I am trying to get in all the summer recipes I love. Gazpacho is super easy to make and a great light dinner. I’ve had gazpacho I didn’t like because it tasted just like salsa but this recipe has a soft & sweet tang from the white wine which I think makes it more “soup-like” than some recipes. Served with crusty country bread and sliced cheese it makes a perfect light summer dinner.
- 8 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 6 inch piece seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Bread & cheese for serving
- Blend the tomatoes in a food processor until almost smooth.
- Add the cucumber, bell pepper, garlic, wine, vinegar & olive oil. Pulse until smooth.
- Taste & season with S/P and additional olive oil/wine if needed.
- Chill for about 30 minutes and taste. Thin with water if needed and adjust seasoning.
- Serve soup drizzled with olive oil and topped with sliced cheese.
Recipe source: Original
Time: ~15 minutes plus chill time