Sometimes something so simple can totally hit the spot. I was craving something fresh and easy so I picked up some certified sustainable shrimp from Whole Foods and a nice big crusty whole wheat baguette. Serve with a green salad and white wine and you have the perfect meal to eat outdoors on a beautiful night.
- 1 stick butter
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, thyme, and basil
- finely grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 pds large shrimp, shelled & deveined, tails left on
- Crusty bread for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450. In a bowl mix the butter with the garlic & a generous amount of parsley, and the lemon zest, thyme, lemon juice and S/P.
- In a large gratin dish arrange the shrimp tail side up. Dot the shrimp with the herb butter and roast for about 10 minutes until the shrimp are pink and butter bubbling. Sprinkle the shrimp with fresh parsley and basil and serve with the bread.
Recipe source: adapted from a Food & Wine Annual 2010 recipe
Time: 30 minutes