Ummm. Perfect vegan meal – beautiful bok choy over soba noodles & soy beans. This is a great meal to adjust with your favorite vegetables or add tempeh or tofu for added protein. Enjoy!
- 12 ounce package soba noodles
- 1 pd. chopped boy choy
- 2 tsp. Asian sesame oil
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can organic soy beans, drained
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 8 oz. can bean sprouts, drained
- 2-3 tbsp. red curry paste
- Chopped peanuts, scallions, and sesame seeds for garnish
- Diced vegetables, tofu, tempeh (optional add-ins)
- Prepare the soba noodles as directed on the package. Do not overcook. Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the sesame oil and lightly stir fry the boy choy until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside. If you would like to add more vegetables, stir fry those as well. I keep the bok choy to place on top so you can really taste the distinct flavors without it getting lost in the curry.
- Heat the tomatoes, curry paste, and coconut milk in the wok until hot. Stir so the curry paste dissolves and adjust seasoning based on how much curry you like. Once heated, add the soybeans and bean sprouts. If you are using any other vegetables, add them now. Add the noodles and stir until heated thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and place noodles and sauce on plates. Place the bok choy on top and garnish with scallions, peanuts, and sesame seeds.
Time: 30 minutes
Recipe source: Original