Lovely cold weather meal …
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1.5 pds)
- 1 small head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 apples (gala or honeycrisp work well), cored and cut into small pieces
- Dried herbs
- Olive oil
- Serving Suggestion: fresh baked rolls and butter
- Heat oven to 400 and rub pork with a tbsp. or so of honey. Season with S/P and dried herbs, and place in a roasting pan. Roast at 400 for about 25 to 30 minutes, turning halfway through. Internal temp should read 155 on an instant read thermometer.
- During the last 5 minutes of the pork roasting, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage and cook, covered, for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in a tbsp of honey and the apples. Season with S/P. Continue to cook, uncovered for a few minutes, until cabbage is tender. Keep warm and covered while you slice the pork.
- Slice tenderloin and serve over the cabbage salad.
Recipe source: Family circle
Time: 40 minutes