We love, I mean LOVE, pizza in this household. For this recipe you can use pizza dough made by your local grocer (usually near the bakery) or get the refrigerated Pillsbury dough. If you like thin-crust pizza, try this recipe. I used mushrooms, onions, and pepperoni as toppings and it was fabulous. Use your favorite toppings to create your own perfect pizza. I usually eat my pizza with a green salad placed atop the pizza and eat my way down to the pizza!
- Olive oil
- S/P and dried herbs (optional for crust)
- 2 balls or containers of store-bought pizza dough
- 1 and 1/2 cups jarred pizza sauce
- 6 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425. Brush bottoms and sides of a large rimmed baking pan with olive oil.
- Stretch and roll out pizza dough. Transfer dough to the baking pan and press to fit.
- Spread sauce over dough and then layer cheese and topping. Repeat again ending with toppings. Season with salt and pepper. If you like seasoned crust, sprinkle dried herbs on the crust.
- Bake pizza for about 30 minutes rotating once, until cheese and crust is golden brown. Let rest in pan for 10 minutes. To serve, transfer to a cutting board and slice.
Serves: makes 1 large pizza, about 8 square slice.
Recipe source: Original.
Time: 45 minutes.