This is an Asian inspired steak recipe that isn’t what I call “pretty food,” with its olive green color and all, but the spicy wasabi flavor is a different take on steak I think you’ll enjoy!
- One 1.5 to 2 pd flank steak
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. wasabi powder
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tbsp. water
Serving suggestions: Serve with fresh green beans and carrots or green salad, and baked potato.
Wine suggestion: Rich, fruity Cabernet Franc (Chappellet makes a great one)
- Mix the wasabi powder, soy sauce, and water in a small bowl and let sit. Heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Grind fresh salt and pepper on one side of the steak and press to adhere.
- Using a cast iron skillet or grill pan, heat the butter on high. Turn to med-high and place the S/P side down into the skillet. Cook the steak until seared on one side, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the steak over and spread the wasabi mixture onto the seared side of the steak. Place skillet in the oven and cook until desired temp – about 10 minutes for medium rare.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest a few minutes before slicing.
Recipe source: Original
Time: 30 minutes