Delicious recipe that looks beautiful plated on a decorative platter … Enjoy!
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 pd. mixed baby potatoes (or yukon gold), cut into bite-size pieces
- Olive oil
- 1 bag (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 4 boneless, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together cumin, coriander, and cayenne. In a medium pot, bring potatoes to a boil in salted water over high and cook until tender when pierced with a knife, 5-10 minutes depending on size of potatoes. With a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to a paper-towel-lined plate and set aside. Return water to a boil, then add peas and cook just until tender, 3 minutes. Drain peas and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet, heat a dash of oil over medium-high. Season chicken with S/P and cook, skin side down, until golden-brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Flip and transfer skillet to oven; roast until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet and pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat. Add potatoes and the spice mix and cook over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden.
- Remove from heat, stir in peas, lemon juice, and chopped cilantro; season to taste with salt and pepper. To serve, place chicken on top of peas and potatoes and sprinkle with cilantro leaves.
Recipe Source: Martha Stewart
Time: 30 minutes