This is a quick and easy soft taco recipe with some unusual taco ingredients: Worcestershire sauce, orange juice, and yellow mustard, which surprisingly make a great tasting taco! Try it for something new and unexpected.
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. minced canned chipotle chile in adobe sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, reserve 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed & trimmed
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 12 soft taco tortillas, warmed
- Melt the butter in a large skillet until foaming. Add the garlic & chipotle chile and cook about 30 seconds. Stir in the cilantro (reserving the 1/4 cup), orange juice, Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and simmer, covered, over medium low until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes, flipping the chicken half-way through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and cook until the liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Off the heat, whisk in the mustard. Shred the chicken and add to the skillet. Add the remaining cilantro and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with warm tortillas and lettuce, tomato, avocado, and sour cream.
Recipe source: America’s Test Kitchen
Time: 30 minutes