Apples and tuna you say? A light, crisp, and tangy addition to tuna – granny smith apples – make this a quick and easy salad with a lot of bright flavor.
Serve over a bed of greens with drizzled olive oil or sandwich style. You can use any tuna you like, but do yourself a favor and treat yourself to high-quality oil packed tuna at least once – it’s such a treat!
- 4 (12-oz.) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, mix the tuna, cucumber, apple, and onion.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, zest, and garlic clove.
- Mix the mayonnaise mixture with the tuna mixture. Add the parsley and lemon juice. Taste and season accordingly with fresh ground S/P. Adjust as needed.
Recipe source: unknown magazine clipping
Time: 15 minutes