This is a raspberry scone recipe that I’ve adapted for a 8×8 baking dish. As a result, these have a similar look and taste to raspberry scones, but the texture is a bit fluffier, like cake. You can substitute any berry for the raspberries. Enjoy!
- Baking Pam or similar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (plus some for sprinkling on top)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (or other berry)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 8×8 baking pan with a baking vegetable oil spray.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and pulse until pea-size pieces form. Whisk together the buttermilk and egg yolk and slowly pour through the processor feed, pulsing until dough just comes together.
- Transfer dough to a bowl and fold in raspberries. Spread dough into the baking dish and bake until golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle the top with sugar. Let cool and slice into square pieces.
Serves: About 12 square pieces
Recipe source: Original
Time: 30 minutes