Light and fresh pasta salad … perfect for lunch with the girls (white wine goes great!) or as a picnic salad! I used orange flesh honeydew – any type of melon, cantaloupe or honeydew, would work well.
- 1 lb. package uncooked pasta
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Dash ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach
- 1 cup diced melon
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 slices prosciutto, diced or cut into thin strips
- Optional: shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Cook pasta and drain; cool to room temperature.
- Combine lemon juice, vinegar, Dijon, a dash of S/P, red pepper, and the garlic clove in a food processor. Process to blend and with the processor on, slowly pour olive oil through the food chute; process for 15 seconds or until blended.
- Combine cooled pasta, spinach, melon, onions, and prosciutto in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving; toss to coat. Top with cheese if you choose.
Recipe source: Adapted from a Cooking Light recipe
Time: 30 minutes