A super flavorful chicken recipe paired with soft, creamy cornbread … a crowd-pleaser! The spicy ranch seasoning gives the chicken a great kick with tons of flavor. My husband and I loved the moist tangy chicken paired with fluffy cornbread, a great filling recipe. Serve with steamed green beans or a crunchy green salad.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8.25 to 8.75 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 of a 1.1 ounce spicy ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- Dash black pepper
*Prepare corn bread first, stick in oven, and then prepare chicken while the bread bakes. I baked the corn bread on the upper rack and the chicken on the lower rack and it worked fine. The bread comes out a few minutes before the chicken and gives it the perfect time to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat an 8×8 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, combine egg, milk, and butter. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in the cream corn. Spoon batter into the baking pan.
- Bake 30 minutes until top is golden brown & a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares and serve with the chicken.
- Keep oven at 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Place chicken on the foil.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter, dressing mix, brown sugar and a dash of black pepper. Spread onto the chicken with a basting brush.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through (170 degrees) and no longer pink.
- Serve with the corn bread and vegetables/salad.
Recipe source: Adapted from a Publix Family Style recipe
Time: 45 minutes