Some of my favorite ingredients in the world, mixed together and served spoonful by sweet spoonful.
- 3 medium eggplants, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 lemons, squeezed
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (about 4 oz.) feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Divide the cut eggplant between two rimmed baking sheets and drizzle with 3 tbsp. olive oil. Season with S/P and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer and roast until golden and tender, about 25 minutes, stirring once. Let cool on the sheets.
- In a large bowl, mix together the lemon juice and 2 tbsp. olive oil, season with S/P. Add the roast eggplant, chickpeas, feta, and parsley; toss to combine.
Recipe Source: Adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe
Time: 40 minutes