These are a healthier alternative to the traditional rice crispy treats; I loved the crunchy texture and soft tangy cranberries! They make great gift treats or something to bring to the office party or your child’s school.
- Cooking spray
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 (15 0z) box Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax cereal (or something similar)
- 1 and 1/4 cups dried cranberries or other dried fruit
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the marshmallows, stirring constantly, and cook until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cereal and the dried fruit until well coated.
- Press mixture into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Let stand about 15 minutes until firm. Cut into bars.
Serves: About 24 bars
Recipe source: Adapted from a Southern Living recipe
Time: 30 minutes