Two perfect ingredients with a little bit of love from cream, white wine, and thyme!
- Olive oil
- 2 pounds large portobello mushrooms, stemmed and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 leeks, white & light green parts cut into half-moons and rinsed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high. Cook the mushrooms, tossing occasionally, and working in batches if necessary, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Wipe out skillet, return to heat, and add 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add the leeks and season with S/P. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened. Add the white wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream, lemon juice, and thyme. Transfer leek mixture to a 2-quart baking dish or individual gratin dishes. Top with mushroom slices. Sprinkle with finely grated Parmesan cheese and bake until edges are bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Recipe Source: Food Everyday
Time: 40 minutes