Crushed red pepper adds a hint of heat and rich thyme butter sauce drizzled atop adds a perfect silky finish. Enjoy!
- 1 pkg. uncooked linguine
- 2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (14.5 0z) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, juiced and rind grated
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and place back in pot; toss with a dash of olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together and drying.
- Place the shrimp, tomatoes with juice, and red pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season generously with fresh ground pepper and salt. Simmer and cook about 5 minutes until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Combine the butter, thyme, lemon juice and rind, and minced garlic in small skillet. Cook at medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted.
- Serve immediately by plating the pasta with a scoop of the shrimp tomato sauce atop and finish with a generous drizzle of the thyme butter sauce.
Recipe source: Original
Time: 25 minutes