Martha has done it again … a great, easy recipe that is moist and delicious! This will disappear quickly, I promise.
*You can make these in small loaf pans (6 individual size) or one 5×9 inch loaf pan. The baking times will vary, see instructions below.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1 and 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, spooned & leveled, plus more for pan
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. fine salt
- 1 and ¼ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 mashed overripe bananas (about 1 and ½ cups)
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour your pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until fluffy, 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the bowl a spatula. Beat in bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture and chocolate at medium speed. Pour batter into the pan. For one large loaf, bake for about 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. For small loafs, bake about 20 minutes.
Let bread cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Recipe Source: Martha Stewart
Time: About 1 hour