Welcome to the new site! I’ve been wanting to move to a self-hosted website and domain for some time and now I’ve finally made the move. This new site will provide me with the flexibility I wanted in growing Q & DK. Obviously, the look has changed … as always, I plan on keeping this site clutter free and easy to navigate.
If you were an old follower, please sign up for emails using the box to the left – the old site will no longer be updated although I will keep all the old material there for some time. If you have not previously followed Q & DK – please do! Just enter your email in the subscription box to the left 🙂
Also, please like the Q & DK facebook page by clicking the facebook icon in the top right —>> it’s an easy way to get recipe updates & soon to come giveaway information!
Lastly, one big change you will notice is the recipe format I will be using in most of my posts. This will make it super easy to print recipes and I will also work on providing nutritional information when possible. I hope you enjoy the new site! Any questions, comments? Let me know.
Now, on to the food …
I love a good, hearty veggie burger. Using canned beans and quick-cook rice allows you to whip up a healthy dinner in no time. Serve on buns with the fixings, or simply eat with a plate of veggies or atop a salad. Enjoy!
- 2 cans (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a food processor, process half the beans, scallions, jalapeno, and cumin until a chunky paste forms.
- In a large bowl, combine the bean paste with the rice and remaining beans; season with S/P.
- Divide mixture into four patties and brush both sides with olive oil.
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil and place in oven for 5 minutes.
- Carefully place patties onto the hot sheet; bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Let rest 5 minutes on sheet before removing.