This is a really refreshing way to have a big, satisfying bowl of pasta without a heavy sauce. God, do I love pasta. I also love salad. So when I can figure out a way to put the two together … I am a happy girl.
I used my favorite low-carb pasta (Dreamfields) and not only do I have a …
but I get the filling satisfaction I love from pasta. And of course, with bright artichokes, peppery arugula, and tangy olives and lemon you have a seriously tasty dish. This also tastes delicious as a take-to-work lunch option because the flavors continue to meld and brighten. Simply pack the arugula and breadcrumbs separately and mix together prior to eating. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- Fresh, rinsed arugula
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and set a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the spaghetti until al dente; drain and set aside in a large bowl. Meanwhile, place the panko breadcrumbs on a small baking sheet lined with foil. Season with S/P and drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven and cook until browned, about 5 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Zest the entire lemon and toss with the pasta. Juice the lemon and pour over the pasta. Add the olives, artichokes, and tuna. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with S/P. Toss and taste. Adjust seasoning and dressing as needed.
- To serve, mix with your desired amount of arugula and top with toasted breadcrumbs.