It’s grilling season people … Get Excited!
Get super excited with this ridiculously tasty recipe loaded with spices that can match the hearty flavor of hanger steak. Enjoy outside, with company and smiles.
Whole meal suggestion: Serve with grilled asparagus (included in this recipe), sliced tomatoes sprinkled with salt, and baked potatoes. Pairs well with Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 2 tbsp. whole coriander seeds
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 tbsp. garlic salt
- Coarse S/P
- Vegetable oil or spray, for grill
- 1 large hanger steak, about 2 lbs.
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, washed & tough bottoms snapped off
- Olive oil
- Prepare your grill for high, direct heat; clean and oil the grill grates.
- Prepare the steak seasoning by placing the whole coriander seeds into a zip-top bag. Using the smooth side of a meat mallet (or similar tool) crush the coriander seeds in the bag. Add the crumbled bay leaves, garlic salt, and a generous amount of S/P. Shake the bag to combine. Pat dry the steak and press the seasoning into the steak, coating both sides.
- Place the asparagus in a dish and drizzle with olive oil and season with S/P, toss to coat. Set aside.
- Once the grill is hot, place the steak and asparagus over direct heat. Grill the asparagus spears for 5-10 minutes (depending on thickness), until nicely charred and fork tender, turning them every few minutes so that they char evenly. Grill the steak for about 8 minutes per side, for medium rare.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.