Blackberry season is almost over!! Hurry up and get yourself some juicy berries to make this healthy, colorful, and tasty salad.
I made a huge batch and ate with yogurt for breakfast and in the evenings for dessert, for an entire week. Summer in a bowl kind of delicious. 🙂
Don’t forget to follow Q&DK on Facebook (see the icon to the R) and sign-up for new recipes in your inbox (see the box to the L). Thanks!
- 1/2 cup packed fresh (rinsed) mint leaves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 ripe peaches, rinsed and chopped, pits removed
- 2 ripe plums, rinsed and chopped, pits removed
- 2 ripe nectarines, rinsed and chopped, pits removed
- 2 cups fresh blackberries, rinsed and dried
- Mint to garnish, optional
- Add the mint leaves and sugar to a medium saucepan and add 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for about 10 minutes to create a simple syrup. Pour through a sieve into a container to store; discard mint.
- Mix the chopped fruit in a large bowl. Prior to serving, drizzle the mint syrup over the salad and toss. Garnish with mint. Serve immediately.
- If you are going to serve individually (not at one sitting), keep the fruit salad and syrup in separate containers and then drizzle the syrup over the salad each time you make a serving.