I feel like I’ve been deprived in the cocktail department my entire alcohol appropriate life given that I only first tried a Pimm’s Cup this summer!
What?! A cocktail with fruit and mint with a gin-based liqueur? I love all of those things and yet I first heard of Pimm’s Cup only recently. Well, that’s okay because now I have a new favorite cocktail – mild, refreshing, and oh so tasty. And perfect timing because my dear friend Molly recently gave me that cute little Mason jar cocktail shaker pictured above. I’m obsessed with Mason jars and now I even have one for cocktail shaking!
Are you a seasoned Pimm’s drinker, or never tried one? Either way, these look perfect for the upcoming weekend. 🙂
- 1 and 1/2 cups Pimm’s No. 1
- 1 navel orange, cut crosswise into thin slices
- 1 green apple, cut crosswise into thin slices (discard top and bottom, remove seeds)
- 1 seedless cucumber (half cut into thin slices, half cut into long wedges)
- Mint leaves, to taste
- 1 cup cold ginger ale or lemon lime soda
- 1/2 cup cold lemonade
- In a large pitcher, combine the Pimm’s, oranges, apples, sliced cucumber, and mint (crush it a bit before adding). Chill for at least 10 minutes so the flavors develop.
- After chilling, stir in the cold ginger ale and lemonade. Put cucumber wedges into your classes, a bit more mint, and fill with ice. Pour the cocktail over the ice and add some of the fruit.