Rushing home from a busy day and tempted to stop for something take-out or drive-thru based? I know the temptation, for sure.
But you’d be surprised at the kind of healthy meals you can make with very few ingredients and just a quick run into the grocery store. I always try to remind myself of this because if I’m eating out at all, I’d rather spend my money eating out at a quality restaurant, rather than grabbing something I’ll regret. Your body will thank you afterwards too.
With the help of a deli chicken, you can whip this meal up at warp-speed and you will have a nice, hot and healthy meal in no time. Sound good?
- 1 deli-rotisserie chicken
- 4 tortillas, any variety will do
- 1 cup salsa (I like the green “verde” style for these and love Frontera brand)
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 cup chopped vegetables (use what you have or pick what looks good, it doesn’t really matter so long as you like it!)
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Fresh cilantro to top, optional
- Shred the chicken. Place the tortillas on a large foil-lined baking sheet.
- Spread each tortilla with a generous amount of salsa. Top the tortillas with shredded chicken, corn, and chopped vegetables. Top with shredded cheese.
- Broil the tortillas until the cheese melts, about 3 minutes.