Merry Christmas! I hope you are enjoying a day filled with good food, good people, and good times! We are making the best of being sick on the holidays and filling our bellies with good food while we watch movies and down cough syrup 😉
This is a great breakfast recipe that is quick and easy with the help of refrigerated biscuits. I used apricots and cinnamon for flavoring, but you could use any combination of fruit/nut/spice that suits you.
Recipe notes: You can also make these with freezer biscuits (one 26.4 oz package) but will need to let them thaw before making the biscuits. The biscuits I used came 10 in a package and were 7.5 oz per tube. You can use a different size, just try to get the dough to roll out to a 10 x 12 rectangle.
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 30 refrigerated Pillsbury Buttermilk biscuits (regular size, not grands)
- All-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. softened butter
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pour boiling water over the chopped apricots and let stand for 10 minutes, drain well and pat dry. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, arrange the biscuits, with sides touching, in 5 rows of 6 on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle the biscuits with flour and use a rolling pin to roll the biscuits out so the edges press together and form a large rectangle of dough, about 10 x 12 inches.
- Spread evenly with the softened butter, sprinkle with the brown sugar, cinnamon, and apricots. Carefully roll up the dough into a log, starting at one long end, pinching together seams if the dough starts to come apart in places. Cut into 12 (1-inch thick) slices. Place rolls in a lightly greased 10-inch skillet or round pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Stir together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla and drizzle over the rolls.