Easy cleanup is a definite plus when it comes to recipes, which is why I love one-pan meals like this herb crusted chicken and vegetables. I use parchment lined foil (parchment one side/foil on the other) for more hearty recipes like this one, but regular parchment or foil works well too.
You can easily swap out any variety of vegetables, I just used some of my favorite roasting vegetables. Keep an eye on the vegetables and take out any that are done before the chicken. Depending on what you use and what degree of roasting you like, you may find they cook before the chicken is completed. Serve with a healthy green salad for a carb-free, paleo-friendly, all around healthy meal.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. each S/P
- 3 tbsp. olive oil and more for drizzling
- 1 stalk fresh rosemary, leaves removed and thick stem/stalk discarded
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano leaves
- 1 whole cut up chicken, bone-in and skin-on, about 4 lbs.
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 small yellow onions, peeled and quartered
- Heat oven to 425, adjust oven rack to the middle, and prepare a large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment. Prepare the herb seasoning by combining the garlic, S/P, oil, and herbs in a mini food processor and process until chopped and a paste-like consistency occurs. If you don’t have a mini food processor, you can also mix by hand by finely chopping the garlic and herbs.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on the pan skin side up, placing the biggest pieces in the middle and the smaller pieces on the edges of the pan. Leave a space for the vegetables and arrange those on the pan as well. Using a mini spatula or spoon, coat each chicken piece with the herb oil mix. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and season with S/P.
- Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken (avoid the bone) registers 165 degrees, about 30 to 40 minutes. Toss the vegetables about 2-3 times during cooking. If your vegetables are cooked to a point you like before the chicken, simply take them out of the oven and set aside. I have to do this with the broccoli sometimes because I like it pretty crispy.
- Serve immediately.