One of my favorite weekend snacks is kale chips. Wash and chop some kale, season it, and stick it in the oven. Watch some T.V. or read a book, and in twenty minutes you have a delicious, healthy snack. I can easily down an entire bunch of kale this way.
I love these cheese flavored vegan kale chips using nutritional yeast, but these are my other favorites and are a bit easier to make. The mix of sweet smoked paprika and chili powder gives the crunchy kale a nice blend of sweet and spicy. Do you know any good kale chip seasoning combinations? I’d love to hear your ideas!
- 1 bunch kale, washed and leaves torn, thick stems discarded
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika (sweet, not hot)
- Chili powder
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and arrange the racks in top/bottom third. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment. You can also do one sheet at a time in the center of the oven if you don’t want to deal with rotating sheets. Make sure kale is very dry before cooking – it will make your chips crispier!
- Arrange kale in a single layer on the baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil and use a pastry brush to brush the olive oil across the leaves. Season generously with salt and lightly sprinkle the paprika and chili powder on the leaves.
- Bake for 20 minutes; flip the kale halfway through and rotate sheets if using two baking sheets.