Do you plan your meals on the weekend? I usually do because it makes my week go so much smoother. If I’m not planning recipes I at least plan out some healthy “no recipe” meals like salads with fish, my favorite frozen veggie potstickers over salad, or roast chicken from the grocer. Even if you’re not up for cooking you can plan a healthy spread for the week.
Currently I’m super behind on blog posts, so I am planning a light cooking week to catch up with all the recipes and photos I have yet to edit/write/post. There will be plenty of frozen potstickers and salads in my future. 🙂
But, most weeks I like a mix of quick (under 30 minutes) meals and more complex recipes to test out. For more on how I meal plan, and a free printable meal planner, see this post. In the meantime, here is a recipe that makes a delicious meal in no time and uses just one skillet/pan so you clean up faster as well. Here’s to quick and delicious cooking!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 pounds thin chicken cutlets
- Olive oil
- 3 tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Place the flour in a shallow dish and season the chicken cutlets with S/P. Dredge each chicken cutlet in the flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat a splash of olive oil and 1 tbsp. of butter in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. In batches, cook the chicken until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the 2 tbsp. butter, thyme, onion, and mushrooms. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and broth and cook, stirring frequently, until reduced by half, about 8 minutes. Season with S/P and return the chicken to the skillet. Top with fresh parsley and serve immediately.