Cake batter cookies – everything great about cake, now in cookie form.
These are super easy to make – basically making some additions to a box of cake batter. I played with chocolate and vanilla cake mix with funfetti-inspired sprinkles, but I can imagine some other fun flavor combinations.
You can make these with any flavor cake mix, so feel free to get creative. Rainbow-themed cookies, lemon, red velvet … the ideas go on and on. Enjoy!
- 1 box cake mix (any flavor)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup sprinkles (optional)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cake mix with the baking powder and sprinkles to combine (be sure to break up any lumps).
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil with the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla to combine. Add the oil mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Scoop out the cookie dough and place tbsp. sized mounds of dough onto each prepared baking sheet. Leave about 3/4 inch between each cookie – they spread as they bake. Bake until the surface is crackly and the cookies are slightly golden around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place extra batter in the fridge as you wait for cookie sheets to cool between batches.